Monday, September 12, 2011

And the Hunger Games end...

Wow. I can honestly say that I could not put this book down. I could not stop reading the Hunger Games. I became so incredibly addicted that I have read the book since 5 pm today and finished it at 8:59 pm this evening. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone. Its such a great book. I will have to explain, but I won't give anything away in case you choose to read it. I left you last time with just the setting, and Katniss deciding she would take her little sister's spot in the games. So much has happend since that fateful day. She gets to the capitol, and her life then is completely and totally under the control of the games. For a week she attends interviews and special training sessions. There the 24 tributes practice for the games. They learn what plants are good, and what their strong suits are. Each tribute has their own training session where they show the Gamemakers what they do best. As for Katniss, she is best with a bow and arrow. She is the greatest hunter out of all the tributes, and the greatest in her district. It is also revealed that Haymitch, Katniss' and Peeta's mentor, has told Peeta to trick the people. Trick them into believing that the tributes from district 12 are madly in love with each other. This, at first, is not true. I wont go into great depth on the relationship between them, because it is a major part of the story. But the gun shots go off, and the games begin. The 24 tributes run into the arena. The smarter tributes run away from all the supplies and head for the terrain. But there are the greedy and the nonwise who head straight for all the supplies. These tributes are attacked by the bigger and stronger ones, and then there were 12. For a long time Katniss survives on her cleverness and wits. She is very smart, and the Hunger Games are, unfortunately her place. She survives for weeks, and then there were three. I will not release the winner of the Hunger Games because you have to read it. I can honestly say  I was shocked, and so was the Capitol. This was a very interesting and weird book and I can't wait to start reading the second book in the series, Catching Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment