Thursday, September 8, 2011

And The Hunger Games begin.

I finally finished reading The Screwtape Letters. In the end, Wormwood failed in getting his "patient" to give into him, and become a sinner. "The Enemy" kept entering in the patient's life and saved him from being tempted away from him. I was happy to find out that Wormwood failed in tempting him. I love reading about miracles sent from God. I was also truly excited to finish the book so I could begin reading The Hunger Games. I am so excited to read it. I have heard a lot about it, and I pretty much have this weekend to read it because it is due back to the library on Tuesday so lets hope that I can finish it within that time. I have started to read it, I am only 2 chapters in and not much has happened. All I know is that the main character, Katniss, lives in a really strict community and every year two teens between ages 12 and 18 get picked to compete in the hunger games. There are 12 districts that kids come from. The kids compete to see who is the best kid. In some districts its an honor to be in the games, but in others it is a terrible thing. Katniss' little sister Prim was picked out of 1000 names to be in the games, but Katniss wanted to be a tribute. Which I am assuming means the trade in. I have heard that once you get caught in the games, you cant quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment